Monday, June 9, 2008

Hoot Hoot

I have had a thing for Owls recently. I saw the cutest Owl Softie at the Craft Fair and I was so suprised that the pattern was from a Handmade Magazine (Vol 25 No 8). I really think the Owl should of been on the cover, many more copies would be sold if he was!!Anyway, using my Summer in the City fabric, I think he looks great, a bugger to make but we got there in the end! Designed by Annalisse Wakenshaw, there are 3 styles to make, this is Stripe. A small modification, I filled his feet with pellets to provide a little weight and assist him in sitting upright on his own.My original plan was to make 10 for Teachers gifts this Christmas but I am not sure if they suit, as Owl = Librarian and Teacher = Apple, so I will see if I can find something else. (I don't want to make quilts this year due to the high number of Teacher and Aides in the 3 classrooms). And for cuteness value, here's a pic of Muffin taking a nap while I was putting Hoot Hoot together.

10 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your owl softie is great - love the fabrics! They would make a great teacher gift - who doesn't like owls? Muffin looks right at home on your ironing board.

Austysmum said...

Aaaww what a cute owl! And Muffin does look super cuddly there too..

Cass said...

Adds the owl looks fantastic. I think they would make great teacher gifts.

AJ said...

Looks Great Adds...10 wow you will have your work cut out for you if you go quilts!!

Unknown said...

Hoot Hoot he is cute!

Belinda said...

What a cute little owl.

Unknown said...

Love the owl softie! The fabric choice was just right. Muffin looks too comfy and cute. By the way, I love the color of the mini swap quilt...gorgeous!!

Lily Mulholland said...

You did a great job! I got that edition of Handmade today with my birthday FQs and was eyeing off the owls!

tigerfilly said...

What a beautiful owl, so nice and bright and full of personality.

Unknown said...

Hi the owls are quite cute. I'm trying to help my Mum find the pattern for these owls. They are in a book that is titled 50 quick and easy crafts that my Mum has, but for some reason there is no pattern for the owls. I've been trying to find the pattern for the owls online for her. No success so far. My mum does not have that handmade magazine. Also is it an Australian issue? It does state that they are by Annalisse Wakenshaw...