Wednesday, July 9, 2008

WIP ~ Ragged Edges

I bought 12 half metre lots of this fabric when in Sydney earlier this year. Pickett Fences by Moda, quite an old range but very pretty. All cut up int 6 inch squares, I have enough fabric to make 3 Ragged Edges quilts, each 9 rows of 9, perfect lap sized quilts for the kids teacher's gifts this Christmas.
Gotta love a side on look!
For the backing, a green spot print by Anna Griffin.
Now I just have to trace the lines, cut the wadding, pin together, position, sew, then snip!! And snip and snip and snip!!

2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The teachers will be thrilled! Love seeing a pile of precision cut squares - now you can do the fun part!!

Julie said...

You look so organised, I can't wait to see how these turn out. I'm into the raggy edge quilt too at the moment. Julie.