Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sewing up a storm

Wild, wet and very windy weather here, perfect for staying home and sewing. Have been spending some time working on my Purple 9 Patch, this one is for Oliver's teacher who has announced she is expencting her first baby. I am not sure if she will teach the whole year so I have bought my deadline forward.
Putting the blocks together last night, I have made it smaller than the original plan as it looked huge. My rows are 7 blocks x 7 plus sashing and borders, I want to machine quilt in rows, any bigger and I think I will struggle getting it under the arm. 7 blocks with sashing are completed, ready to be sewn together tomorrow.
I have about 30 blocks left over, so I think I will make another one but slightly different, something like this. Kippy has stayed up late keeping me company. Next post, hopefully a completed top!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oooh this is looking lovely, I really like the fabrics you've chosen

Emma said...

Nice! Very crisp and fresh. Kipps is growing up, her ears don't overwhelm her face any more!

Helen said...

Looking good Ad. Need any more purple?