Thursday, November 12, 2009

EBDQS - Red, White and Aqua Chinese Coins

Last year I made this quilt for Xena's son Jaedyn, and the year before that I made this quilt for Ingrid's son William. This year my swapee was Leah who requested white, red, aqua, loves spots and wanted a quilt with strong visual design that could be used as a wall hanging with no lace. And no fussy old fashioned florals.I have a fairly limited Aqua stash, but some of my Flea Market Fancy matched beautifully with my Amy Butler Lotus reds, and I had large piece of red spot that that also matched the red tones and would show up my quilting on the back. I went with a Chinese coins pattern to show off the fabrics, and have quilted across and around the strips for effect.Sorry it arrived late Leah, I sent it express but should of allowed a few extra days to get from WA to ACT.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Delicious! Great colour combo.

Leah said...

And I'm soooo happy with it - thanks ever so :)

Cass said...

Adds I love those colour combos