Friday, February 19, 2010

EB Craft Swap

Last month I joined up for the EB Sewing Swap. Each person had to request 3 items and there partner got to make any one item. My swapee was Lisa, I actually requested her based on her likes and dislikes and colour choices. Lisa said she would like rectangle place mats or a boys DS holder or anything boyish or a table runner. Fave colours pink, white and aqua. Easy.
I decided to make a table runner, and bar the homespun everything was from my stash. I used some Amy Butler Lotus, Denyse Schmidt Flea Market Fancy and a variety of pink and white spots from Michael Miller, Windham Fabrics and some Fat Flats from Spotlight. Teamed up with a pink watermelon homespun, I bought all that they had left on the bolt so about 4 metres, Cate has bed sheets and a pillow case in this colour, delish!
Top is pieced with wonky strips alternating between the prints. Sandwiched with pellum wadding and quilted using a variety of decorative stitches. I used white 100% cotton in the bobbin and the quilting stitches look fantastic from the back, I think it could be used either side up.
Measuring 16" x 34", I hope Lisa likes it, cos I love it!! I also included some cherry FQ's and a homemade card.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Hmmmmm, that would have made a great Christmas present for your SISTER!!!

Beetlehouse Designs said...

ha ha - good call Helen.

Ads, I absolutely love it with a passion. It's just gorgeous and the colours are PERFECT in every way. I really can't thank you enough. I get to look at it every day....I couldn't be happier.

Jandi said...

Beautiful! I'm sure she will love it.

AMIT said...

Looking wonderful.

free classified india