Friday, January 6, 2012

Sew and Tell Friday # 1 - Christmas Stars

The heat wave is over for now, it rendered me useless and took away my sewjo. I was focused working on Cate's single bed quilt, I have finished piecing the top and it's ready to sandwich but I can't use the spray glue inside (no ventilation) and when sprayed outside it dried so quick there was no stick, grrr. So I picked up my other WIP, the one I started Christmas night before Cate pleaded me to start her quilt. 
Pattern is Sawtooth Stars, I have made them 12" square for a wall hanging or a large lap quilt, 5 rows of 5 so 25 green stars in total. It took a few hours to find enough green prints and get them pieced the right way up, only 2 left to complete then I can piece the top, sandwich, quilt and put away for Christmas.

No comments: