Monday, January 2, 2012

Walk in the Woods quilt top

Cate's single bed quilt top has been pieced, I used all bar 2 of the layer cake squares. It looks a little bit small on her bed so I bought another one (before my fabric buying ban) and will add another row all around giving an extra 20 inches and some length at the foot.

I still want to add a small sashing in watermelon pink to match and will hunt down contrasting stripe or spot for the binding. Backing to be blue and I will make a matching pillowcase and cushions, I should have 18 squares to play with. I love this range, perfect for little ladies.

Early days yet, this may be my first finish for 2012. No idea how to quilt yet.

3 comments:

Sally said...

It looks delightful. I'd like to make a quilt in 2012 too... I've never made one.

I just adore your choices in fabric.

Emma said...

Well done Adds/Cate. I agree about adding the extra rows - but isn't it a bit late to be adding sashing after the piecing?! I'd just add a border instead - same colour. For the quilting - I'd do an allover feather.

thehummingcat said...

I was thinking of adding a small sashing then another row of blocks but decided to sew more blocks, omit the sashing and look at a red border? Or not and just bind. Hmmm.