Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday #1 - Walk in the Woods Quilt top

After piecing Cate's quilt top and deciding it was too small, I added another row of squares all around and now just love the length it has added to the sides. I used nearly 2 layer cakes leaving just 12 squares to make a pillow or cushion with. Colours a tad off, quilt overcast here today, finally some cooler weather and I can get quilting.
Backing to be made up from my stash, grey kai dots and a watermelon pink homespun to run down either side. Binding undecided on, think it needs a spot or a stripe. Will sandwich tonight after dinner so I can use the dining table, then I can power through the quilting at night, heat is due to return early next week so I will try to get as much done as I can before then.
WIP # 1, linked up here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's looking good! Can't wait to see this one finished.