Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy Birthday to me Part 1

36, hooray, I actually thought I was 35 and I got my birthday date wrong, turning into a crazy old cat lady a tad early. My birthday was last Sunday, I woke to a pancake breakie with the kids and we opened some pressies. My fave pressie, the most divine wall hanging from Helen, I love pebble quilting, my sister is so good at it!

Close up shot, little neat stitches. Its actually the only thing hanging up on a wall in this house besides Emma's wol quilt. Colours match my sewing room perfectly, very happy birthday person here thanks to my sister dear.
My other fave gift is Dawn, yes I now own one Blythe, there will be no doll further collecting in this house, one is enough thanks! Dawn was actually named after Helen as when Cate saw her she said she looked exactly the same as her Aunty Helen, now how's that for a compliment!
I received some other lovely gifts too, just waiting for a few more FQ's to arrive from my birthday swap and then I will blog them in a seperate post.
On my birthday we went and had a roast lunch with some family, where we all got some form of food poisoning causing Stu to vomit the whole way home, Cate to cry the whole way home as she got spew splatter on her arm, and Oliver doubled over with severe cramps so a one hour trip took nearly 2 hours and poor Bob ended up in hospital the next day on a drip for pain relief and dehydration. All in all a memorable birthday and my extended holiday is officially over as I am back at work. 

4 comments:

AJ said...

That is beautiful Adds! You are very lucky to have such a talented sister!

Emma said...

That's an impressive birthday present, to go with a spectacular birthday! PS - I've just realised it's a new blog banner - who did you con into doing this one?!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday to you! My b'day was a few weeks ago and 5 out of 8 people at my party got sick too! We couldn't figure out if it was the food or a virus.

Oh well, there's always next year :)

Helen said...

Gaed, so Cate thinks I am ultra thin with a massive head???!!!! Glad you like your hanging. Happy belated birthday. x