Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Walk In the Woods Quilt

When tidying Cate's room yesterday I realised I never put a photo up showing her  Walk in the Woods quilt on her bed. I posted about it back here but to recap its a generous single bed size using nearly 2 layer cakes and was quilted on the diagonal.
I am still yet to finish the matching pillow case, it just needs a backing sewn to it so maybe 20 minutes needed to finish it? Might make it tomorrows WIP. This is the other side of her room, I should remake the pegboard, its over 2 years old and the fabric has a bit of sun fade plus the corner got squished in the move. Tutorial link here.
She has both a manual typewriter and a laptop, alternating between the two. She's not got a printer so tends to clunk away at the typewriter a fair bit, I bought it at a garage sale for $5 a few years ago, it's popular with her friends and she will lug it to school on occasion. 
And her bed the way she likes it, covered in softies and pillows, cushions galore. Under her quilt she has an wool blend underlay, fleecy sheets and a woolen blanket plus we have very good ducted heating and she still says shes cold. 

4 comments:

AJ said...

Love all the fluffies lined up!

Cass said...

I love the typewriter and so cool that it still works.

~LilOlFrankie~ said...

Lily "can't sleep" without at least that many friends lol

Helen said...

Look at the old school photo of Milly and Grace on the board! I have a new one in the mail here ready to post. x