Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WIP - Quilts for the boys

A few months ago I saw this pattern and thought it would be perfect for the boys room. Nice and bright in modern prints, not girly and I could mix prints and colours to suit while still remaining similar. Pattern is Pow Wow by Cluck Cluck Sew.
There is an awful lot of cutting and then repetition from sewing the same pieces over and over, its a flying geese top and an arrow bottom then join to make the one block, I need 99 blocks per a quilt plus extras for cushions so about 250 arrows to be sewn.
Aim was to use from my stash, nice modern and retro prints, nothing dull and no real floral prints. I want these quilts to have deeps sides and be extra warm and to last for there early teenager years.

1 comment:

Mantha said...

beautiful..cant wait to see the finished quilt :)